He claims it was an "accident."
Although 7 a.m. is normally closer to my bedtime than my waking up time, it was a good thing that I was up and at 'em early today. I heard through the Country Jungle Drums that the north-end farm store was having trouble with the hatchery and may not get baby chicks this week, which caused me to call the south-end farm store to inquire about their chickenness, and what ho! the chicks had just arrived! That explained everything. Those chicks were calling me out of bed to come and rescue them.
The family is now complete, with the addition of four Barred Rocks and four Buff Orpingtons. The new babies are like little replicas of the first ones at the moment, only fuzzier and tinier. And louder. There is now a feeding frenzy going on that will probably not stop, ever. And poop. Lots and lots more poop. It's a pooperama.
It's a good thing that baby animals are so cute, because nobody would ever be foolish enough to do all the work required to take care of them otherwise. And by the time they start to mature, it's too late to give them back.
That's how teenagers happen.


5 comments:
I would normally say that I am still trying to get rid of teenagers, regardless of the work but you know the tragedies of late in our family. I have to be careful what I say around my sister and NO I don't really want to get rid of anyone. Just teasing about it all:)
I love you chick family! They are darling! More butts to clean up! YIPEE!
The pictures of your "kids" are so cute!! What are their names?
Boy am I glad that I just get to be the fun "aunt" to our chicks. They are super cute, but man all of that work! Most of the time I don't even want to take care of myself.
Your chicks are all so adorable. Good luck with all the poop. I don't know how you do it. I have a dog who refuses to be house-trained and a baby who isn't ready to be potty trained and I can barely handle it. My hat is off to you!
I am so jealous of your chickens! My sister had a whole bunch of chickens when I was little and I loved collecting the eggs and selling the extras around the neighborhood. There's nothing better the "farm" fresh eggs!
Post a Comment