Here is what's going on in the sewing room today. I almost said "studio" but that sounded a little pretentious in my head. Anyway, I have a couple, no, I have multiple works-in-progress but here are two. I'm making a little doll, mainly so that I can dress her up in lots of colorful scrap clothes, since I just happen to know where there are lots of colorful scraps nearby. Very nearby. All over this room, in fact. I made this soon-to-be girl doll by doing a quick pencil sketch on a piece of muslin of a vaguely doll-shaped figure. I then sewed on the pencil line and cut away everything that wasn't a doll. I am thinking I like this way of making dolls, but I guess I should reserve judgment until she is a little farther along. Right now my dilemma is how I want to make her nose. That is, I'm going to embroider it, but I haven't decided whether to do a little teeny button nose or what. I have some pencil scrawls of what I want her to look like, but since my drawing is similar to but not quite equal to a 3-year-old's, I'm not comfortable sharing them. You don't know me that well yet.
So, that was "this." And "that" is a sort-of crazy quilt-ish piece that eventually will be some kind of purse. What kind I don't know yet, because it hasn't spoken to me. No, pieces of fabric don't actually speak to me, but that's the kind of thing I am always hearing from way arty types, so, since I eschewed pretension once already today I thought I could get away with saying that. Probably not.
Well! "The other thing" is this. I got a comment on my blog yesterday. A comment! Dude, do you know what that means? It means a person other than myself or someone related to me by blood or marriage actually reads this blog. Or read it once anyhow. Wow, that is really something. I have a reader! Wo. I felt like Sally Field at the Oscars there for a sec. But let's not go there. I just want to bask in my readership. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
So, that was "this." And "that" is a sort-of crazy quilt-ish piece that eventually will be some kind of purse. What kind I don't know yet, because it hasn't spoken to me. No, pieces of fabric don't actually speak to me, but that's the kind of thing I am always hearing from way arty types, so, since I eschewed pretension once already today I thought I could get away with saying that. Probably not.
Well! "The other thing" is this. I got a comment on my blog yesterday. A comment! Dude, do you know what that means? It means a person other than myself or someone related to me by blood or marriage actually reads this blog. Or read it once anyhow. Wow, that is really something. I have a reader! Wo. I felt like Sally Field at the Oscars there for a sec. But let's not go there. I just want to bask in my readership. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.


No comments:
Post a Comment