Carrie at Sommer Designs has challenged us to make a home-cooked meal 5 nights this week and blog it, with recipes. Strange, because today I actually went to the grocery store (which I absolutely loathe and avoid at all costs) and purchased Real Food for Real Dinners. Like Carrie, I often find that at around 5 p.m. I get that "Eeek, what's for dinner?" panic, and often end up with something less than stellar. I put off going to the store all day, after all, procrastination is the mother of invention. Wait, that doesn't sound right. Well, it's the mother of something, and I am the Queen Procrastinator. So I didn't actually arrive home with all this stuff till 5 p.m., which didn't allow a lot of time for gourmet cooking. My husband recently requested real homemade hamburgers, so that was the ticket. It has been a while since we have had them. Sooooooooo, not much in the way of recipes to post. Here's a feeble stab, though. Under the pressure of blogging the meal, I decided to go all fancy schmancy and make oven-baked French Fries. Not that you really need a recipe, but here's what I did: I cut up a couple of unpeeled Yukon Gold potatoes into French Fryish shapes, tossed them in a bowl with some vegetable oil, then cast them out onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for about 35 minutes, tossing them about a couple of times to brown all sides. Then wait for husband to make burgers (hey, I can't do EVERYTHING!) and serve up.
One down! And already tomorrow night I will fall away, because The Girlfriends are going out for a belated birthday dinner. Maybe I'll cook two dinners the night after. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Monday, January 21, 2008
A homemade dinner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yum. I'm in the midst of 4 weeks on medifast (powdered crap) so ANYTHING you make will have me drooling. Part of fixin' to turn 50 is still being naive enough to think YES I CAN get back to my 30yo weight! damnit!
Post a Comment