Saturday, January 19, 2008


SO! After months of planning (to me, that means going over and over and over and over it in my head until I feel like I have a hive of angry bees attacking my brain and then ruminating a little more) I have finally opened my Etsy shop. And THIS is the first thing in it. I don't know why I chose this, because I have several pieces lying in wait. This might be my favorite, I suppose. There was a point when I was sewing it that I decided I liked it so much I was going to have to KEEP IT! But the feeling passed as I sewed and sewed and sewed and re-sewed and for a while I decided I really hated it. Here's the thing. When I started this, I wasn't really sure where it was going to end up, and I kept making decisions all the way through, and then deciding that I didn't like that part any more, and changing this and then that . . . Well, truthfully, that's how most of my projects go. I actually made a pattern for this before I started, and carefully labeled all the pieces, and, well, I can't follow my own patterns any better than anyone else's. At some point, I just have to go another way, and pretty soon it's a whole new thing. It's part of my re-invent the wheel syndrome. Oh, and now that I am over hating it, I love it again, but it's still going up for sale.

I wonder if I could get government funding to study R-ITW syndrome? It would probably be more lucrative than selling handbags. Plus, I could just make stuff up. That's what everybody else does in those studies, isn't it? Anyway, if you are dying to visit my Etsy shop, and I promise not to keep bringing it up ALL the dang time, this is the address (I think): kd1949.etsy.com and feel free to tell me if you think my whole store concept is just lame. On second thought, no, don't tell me. Just pretend you lurve it.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jana Nielson said...

LOVE that purse....I am a purse-a-holic. I admit it! I love them almost as much as I love aprons!