Dang, I don't know where all these ladies came from, but they are asleep all over the place and I have a feeling they will all still be here tomorrow. It's not so much that I mind feeding them and all, but they sure have played havoc with my TV schedule.
You have to understand that my TV schedule is grueling. If I get even a little bit off-track, I have to put in a lot of overtime to get right again. I had to find out about Dolly Parton Night on American Idol from my Misplaced Country Girl-friend who described it with such mouth-watering detail that it is killing me not to watch, but if I watch it now while Susan (Her Real Name) is asleep she will bite the heads off the rest of my chickens and maybe invite 6 or 8 other ladies over here. That Susan is way social. Every time I go anywhere with her she talks to people and stuff. What the hell?
Anyway, there were lots of other shows I missed too, some of which I don't need to admit to here (hello, Big Brother) and let's face it, I will never have those hours again. The View isn't going to watch itself while I chit-chat and such with these gals, is it? After all, when it's all said and done, who is going to hang around with me night and day forever, these old friends or the TV?
Meanwhile, Bjorn (Not His Real Name) and his faithful manservant Rocko (Also Not His Real Name But It Should Be Because It Fits Him Better Than His Real Name) worked all day long building the Graceland of Chicken Coops and it's not even done yet.
The Hen Party goes on and on and on.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Graceland of Chicken Coops! Perfect! I hope you get a sign that says "Welcome to Graceland" and don't forget to name one of them Priscilla. Of course you are going to have to give that one botox so it can't move it's face. Just imagine Mother Theresa laying eggs in Graceland. Oh I wish I was there to witness the magic.
Girl!! You don't have TIVO??? That is the only way I get to watch those shows....(when the kids are in bed and can't be tainted by their content!!)
I agree with Lola. Only it is really hard to go from having Tivo to not having Tivo. It is definitely the best though! Plus, you can skip all the commercials :)
Ah heck! Just tell those girls to talk amongst themselves for a while so that you don't miss your shows! I agree, those things are hard to make up, Tivo or no Tivo (which I don't have). Those are hours lost! Besides, you know girls, they will say all that stuff again at some point:)
Can't wait for pics of Graceland!
Oh, I have the Tivo and the DVR from the cable company, but it's just keeping up that's the problem! When your schedule includes 22 hours of Tv each and every day, it's hard to catch up, even when you FF past the commercials.
Once these gals are gone, me and my Tivo will have a nice looooooong date.
Post a Comment