Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bummer, dude!

I tried and tried to upload a video of the chicks' first outing today but Blogger isn't having any. I'll try again tomorrow.

The girls enjoyed our 80-degree weather and decided after a while that they liked Outside. At first they all huddled together under a table and refused to explore, but then they started behaving like proper little chickens, scratching around in the dirt and chasing bugs.

While they were out, I mucked out the brooder box, gave them all new bedding and rearranged the feeders, and so they were quite happy to be back home in the lap of luxury. They really raised a fuss about being caught and carried outside, though. I probably shouldn't have told them that I was taking them out to be butchered for tiny chicken dinners.

Chickens just don't get sarcasm.

2 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

Those would be some tiny drumsticks. They would be cute for a Barbie picnic!

I've been around kids too long!

Jackie: said...

I saw the title of this post and thought it was a reference to The Big Lebowski movie! But who doesn't love a good chicken dinner?!