Thursday, April 10, 2008

American Idol (so just click on by this one if you are not an addict)

So, here's what I think happened. You know how Dolly Parton said she would love to, er, write for Michael. You know she has all the money and plenty of power. I mean, seriously, she is like the White Oprah or something.

So what I think is that Dolly called in some favors and said "Get that boy off the show" so that she could start, um, "writing" for him sooner.

I'm sorry to say this in front of my misplaced country girl, because I know she is keeping a light on for Michael to come home to her. I'm sure he will be there, right after the Writing session.

6 comments:

jen duncan said...

Normally I'd have already googled the results via eastcoast chat rooms, but we were all caught up in finishing season one of the tudors tonight. Anyhoo, just blipped through the recorded version and I was SHOCKED. Not only by the result, but seriously; it just seemed so callous the way Ryan Seacrest announced it. Yikes. I'm thinkin' this year proves more than ever it's a popularity contest. 11 to 15 year old girls are the ones that text in their votes over and OVER. Not us lazy old farts that forget within five minutes what we were s'posed to be doin' in the first place. ;-)
There you have it. In all it's glory. My two cents as it relates to American Idol. Thank God we have our priorities straight, huh?

Anonymous said...

oooh, I didn't think about it that way. Although when she gave him that hug (um... "I could hug you all day! giggle giggle") I did think, hey wow, you go girl! Who wouldn't want to hug that boy!

Jana Nielson said...

I'm for the Archuletta boy from UTAH!! (Woot-woot Utah!) I don't ever watch the show, but he's all over local news!

Hey It's Di said...

I'm sad about the thought of Dolly "writing" with Michael. I love his accent. Oh yeah, his voice was good too. But of course, I'm with the 15 year old girls who are madly in love with David Archuleta.

Joanna said...

Hate to say it, but I'm glad that our Utah boy was safe, and that Michael went home. I was kind of shocked at the bottom three though. I didn't get to watch Tuesday's show, but based on previous performances I would've selected a much different bottom three. I agree with Jen on how Ryan Seacrest acted. it reminded me of how he was when Chris Daughtry got voted off. I know they're supposed to mix it up and not send them packing the same way each week, but at least be nice and courteous to the poor contestant!

Kathi D said...

David Archuleta is my favorite, too. He is my fantasy son, you know!

I didn't think Michael would be gone before Kristy though.