Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Lazy Girl's Saturday (not yet Evening) Post

There are no laughs here, because it's Saturday and I have already cleaned up dog barf, wiped 3 chicken butts, and done some bathroom plumbing. Also my friend Susan (Her Real Name) is arriving on the 8 p.m. train and I have to make it look like I live differently than I really do, you know, take the underwear down from the ceiling fans and such.

So what I really want is for You People (my father-in-law always said "You People" capitalized like that) to come up with some chick names for me. I have a few names in mind but my brain can't stretch to name 15 girls.

So howzabout some help here? Thanks! See you Monday!

8 comments:

Miss to Mrs said...

Funny you should ask because I've always thought that Gertie would be a great name for a hen. Also maybe you could consider Mother Theresa. Then you could say to the passer by who stopped to buy eggs from your stand, while they are browsing through the hair ponchos, "You know Mother Theresa laid these eggs!". I think it would be a huge selling point for you. Maybe also consider Oprah. I LOVE her! You hear that Oprah? I LOVE you!

Jana Nielson said...

Duh!! Lola, Diana, Busty Larue!!! Those are GREAT Chicken names!

Kathi D said...

DOH! Lola, why didn't I think of that?

And Country Girl, yes, I know there is no one in the entire world that loves Oprah more than you do. Also great suggestions.

Remember, nobody in the world loves Oprah more than our Misplaced Country Girl.

Hey It's Di said...

I always hate it when I have unexpected guests and they actually see how I live! Sucks when the underwear are on the ceiling fan for all to see:(

Wow! Names for that many! I'm not sure you want my help. Seems like it took me 9 months to come up with our kids names! We could be here forever. But I do like Lola's idea! heehee!

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Gidget, Wanda, Tralfaz, McNugget, ummm, that's all I got

camperbob said...

how about "Sunday dinner in 39 weeks" like livestock is "normally" treated. Everybody says not to name farm animals or become attached, but I know you were not in FFA in high school. good luck with the chickens.

Kim Wheedleton said...

Hi! I polled my kids (they're good with names), and these are a few they came up with: Fluffy, Sunshine, Buttermilk, Daisy, Lemon, Fluffy Chick, Drumstick, Hot Wing, Buffalo, Kung Pow, Peep, Tigger, "Kernel" Sanders, Puffy, Juicy, Tyler, Popcorn, Blanket, Rhode Island Red, Fricassee, Peck Scratch...

OK, I took up enough of your space, but they've got lots more if you need 'em!

Joanna said...

I love Lola's idea for names! hehe

Also, I think I saw an episode of the Girls Next Door (Hugh Hefner's girlfriends) and they had decorated with underwear on the ceiling fan and chandelier, and it actually looked pretty cool. If they do it, why can't we?!