Friday, February 8, 2008

WHAT. Have. I. Done???

I'm sorry to have kept you on tenterhooks (whatever they are). I got sidetracked by some sewing room reorganization, and then my laptop decided to take the afternoon off. I finally figured out that the hard drive was nearly full up, and so every time I booted up, I would immediately lock up. I cleared some space and for now, it's OK. I do so hate Vista, though. We were lured with the promise of "NO MORE HOURGLASS!" and indeed, that is so. Now I see hours of a slowly spinning circle instead.

The next thing is, I need to apologize to those dear ladies at Quilters' Cupboard. Yes, it's true that they are all, "Hi, how you doin' Kathi" and then mysteriously woo you into buying way too much fabric, but at least it's Just Fabric.

Now, Rob at the Cotton Ball, on the other hand. He is a whole nother critter altogether. He is all, "Hey, I'm just a surfer dude and a quiltmaker, and I have these real cute kids, and did you hear about the time my wife and I got in trouble for dancing at a Santana concert?" oh yes, he is all, "I'm just hanging out here today in my Mom's shop" and "Look at this embroidery I designed" and well, you get the picture. So on Friday I take my serger and one of my sewing machines in there for routine servicing, and we shoot the breeze, just like always, and everything just seems cool and normal and then WHAM! The next thing I know, I am all signing up to buy a new sewing machine. Not just ANY new sewing machine, either, oh no. I am agreeing to buy one of those Wonder Machines. See, they were having this huge sale on Super Bowl weekend, and everything in the store was SO CHEAP that I would be just plain NUTS not to buy that machine. I saved enough money in one day on that thing to support a small family of ferrets for 2 years.

How does he DO that? The last time something like this happened, I went in to buy a cabinet for my Pfaff and it ended up that it was ever so much better an idea to buy a new machine AND a cabinet because with all the discounts and give-backs and what have you, it was practically cheaper to buy the whole kit and kaboodle.

Anyway, I have it, and (grumble, grumble, grumble) I have to admit that it is the MOST AMAZING MACHINE OF ANY KIND EVER IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE! It's the real reason I haven't been able to blog, or sleep, or leave the house for days. I just keep threading this thing up and watching it do stuff. I never want to do another thing but sew on this machine. That's it. My nirvana. So, here it is, and if you don't hear from me for a year or so, just look for me under a mountain of thread and fabric scraps, with a big smile on my face.

No comments: