. . . and not just on my sleeve. Thank goodness I am not a super finicky type about being all "turned out" when I go on errands, because it has been noted at various times that I have glitter on my face, paint on my elbows, paper stuck in my hair, felt marker here and there, and lately, thread bits stuck to my clothes. Probably I should switch to slick clothes when I am sewing and I know I have to go out, instead of fleece pants that just grab right onto thread scraps and won't let go.
Here's the thing though. I love making aprons, and I have made quite a few for myself. I have the dedicated clothespin apron, the aprons commemorating various holidays, the arty aprons, the cooking aprons, the hostess aprons, and yet . . . I forget to wear them. It just doesn't seem right that I should own that many aprons and still have paint on nearly all my clothes. So here is how my thought process goes when I decide to, say, paint lawn furniture (purely hypothetical, of course. Probably.): "Must. Paint. Lawn. Furniture." This thought could strike at any hour of the day or night, and when it enters my brain, it must be acted upon IMMEDIATELY. Times a wastin'! Those chairs aren't going to paint themselves! How could I have let them remain unpainted all these months (years)? And off I go to load up the paint sprayer. It's only later, much later, that I notice that I am wearing my "good" shoes and "best" jeans, and now they too are paint spattered, like the rest of my wardrobe.
Do you think paint, glitter, and paper scraps could become a Fashion Trend? I haven't followed Spring Fashion Week in Bryant Park--did anyone notice whether there might have been at least one avant-garde designer featuring craft detritus? No? Anyone? Anyone?
This may seem like a paltry post, but it's only because I am holding out on Big News. Look for that tomorrow under the heading
WHAT. Have. I. Done?
There are nefarious characters involved. Besides me, I mean. Tune in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oooo big news. Can't wait to hear. I always have little strings everywhere!
Post a Comment