Thursday, February 28, 2008

Teetering between decrepitude and fierce-itude

If you have left any comments here lately, I hope you have noticed that you don't have to copy a string of letters before you are allowed to comment. I'm sure there is a good reason to have that feature, but I notice that even though I don't think I am totally senile and decrepit yet, I have so much trouble with those dang things. I often get a message gently letting me know I did it All Wrong and I have maybe one chance left and that's it. So in case I'm not the only one who is Totally Losing It, I decided to chance not having that step here. You're welcome.

Some of you astute observers may be deciding that I watch Entirely Too Much Television, and yes, I suppose you're right, but I have quite a few excuses for doing it, which I can whip out at a moment's notice in case anyone needs them for their Permanent Records. Let me just say that I feel it is my duty to watch everything so that you don't have to. I believe I may have mentioned that I am All About Helping Others. So anyhow, I have a TV mini-rant and a TV Cool Find.

There was a perky young housewife on the Today Show yesterday (or maybe today; since I sit up all night with a Daisy Red Ryder on my lap, the days tend to run together) and she was explaining to Meredith Viera how the internet has made it possible for young mothers to work part-time at home, enabling them to spend ever so much more time with the kids. She talked about Ebay ($100,000 annual income possible--I guess my Ebay business sucked more than I thought) and education, and I forget what else, because my mind wandered somewhere in there. I snapped right back to attention though when Meredith asked her guest how many hours a week she worked, and the perky young housewife with a part-time work from home job cheerily said, "oh, 70 or 80 hours a week!" Thank goodness for Meredith, who asked "And how is that better than what you were doing before?" Nervous giggles.

And as for the Cool Find, tonight Project Runway was showing its penultimate episode, with Tim Gunn traipsing around to visit the designers in their homes to check out their collections before gathering together back in NYC for Fashion Week. When they all checked into their hotel, Rick noticed right away that it was On The Ave, which is, ahem, where we always stay when we go to New York. Of course we now plan to bask openly in our new roles as hipsters and trendsetters. I'm beginning to bask right now. Just picture me tossing my hair back insouciantly, a la Christian. Heck, we are Fierce.

P.S. It has come to my attention that some of you City Folk aren't up on your weaponry. For the record, a Daisy Red Ryder is a BB gun, kind of a toy, actually. Which may be why I can't get any respect from the turkeys. I think I need more firepower.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your posts make me laugh out loud. I mean it. I've really been enjoying your blog.

Did you notice that we got to see Casual Tim in last night's episode? Black-Turtleneck-and-Leather-Jacket Tim? Now HE is fierce.

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

that's why bizness sucks.. i am hopelessly LAZY. well at least I'm now aware that the 80 hour week I refuse to put in is what the problem is.
get that turkey girl. bbs hurt they'll quit poopin on you door step when word gets out around the turkey water cooler, you are armed and dangerous.

jen duncan said...

I have to say; I really squirmed with the human hair on Chris' clothes. Maybe because I'd just finished watching that days' Oprah, where she featured decent people not too unlike you or I dumpster diving for FOOD! yegods.
I have to agree; if you REALLY want the turkey's respect, ya gotta get yourself some fiercer firepower. ;-)

Kathi D said...

Casual Tim did make me want to swoon. I love me a handsome gay gentleman, yes I do.

Kathi D said...

Thank goodness I'm not alone in my turkey loathing. I thought they were just the cutest things when we first saw this house. That was before I knew their poops were the size of my head.

I just want to giggle and hide my head when I read that I made anyone laugh out loud. That is my fondest dream!

Miss to Mrs said...

I am loving this new way to comment. I like that you can still read the blog while you comment. I'm going to have to look into doing this on mine. I can never get that password right. I'm very educated but can never seem to get that stream of letters right.

You are total hipsters. Maybe next time you can request the PR room. I felt a little sad for Christian last night that he didn't have any family to go visit with Tim. I guess he didn't get my invite to come over for dinner. Christian if you're reading this, you're always welcome at my house and you can bring Tim.

Kathi D said...

Yes, and why was Christian living in that one tiny room? Who lives in the rest of his apartment? I would let him live here too. He might have to do a little sewing for me. Well, all my sewing. He is fast, and young. Two things I'm not.

Hey It's Di said...

I'm a country folk and fully aware of the power of a Daisy Red Rider! (not good when you get shot in the butt! Although that wasn't me!) Anyway, Go for it girl! Show those birds whose boss around there!

P.S. thanks for removing the letters thing you have to type in. I always feel like such a loser when I don't get it right over and over! I need to do the same on mine!

Bridget said...

I didn't even realize it was possible to live and comment in blog land without jumbled weird letters to type. I too get frequent gentle reminders to say, thanks for playing, try again! I am off to remove this pesty confidence killer from my blog right now :)

Bridget said...

I didn't even realize it was possible to live and comment in blog land without jumbled weird letters to type. I too get frequent gentle reminders to say, thanks for playing, try again! I am off to remove this pesty confidence killer from my blog right now :)