Saturday, February 23, 2008

I've been PUNKED!

I don't know how it works online, but wherever you are hiding, you might as well show yourself now. It took a while, but I finally figured it out, I've been PUNKED! See, I was reading all your blogs full of craftitude and motherhood and shopping and such, and (OK, don't laugh!) I thought it was for real! Ha ha ha!! Can you IMAGINE? I am sooooooooo gullible! So now all I'm wondering is how long you have to keep at it before the "ins" spill the beans?

I have done my initiation, honest! Heck, I was sewing, and blogging, and reading blogs, and taking pictures, and, shoot, I really thought that's what you were ALL doing. Hee hee! Funny, huh? So, anyway, the joke is over, I get it. I know there is NO WAY that the rest of y'all are really making that stuff you have pictures of, and writing about it, and tending to kids and all. What I haven't quite figured out yet is just what the whole deal is. I'm thinking there is probably one Sector that makes things, and then those things are sent to Sector Two for photography, while Sector Three does the writing chores. I'm not sure if the children are cared for en masse by the nannies or if the nannies are split up among the houses. I guess I'll find that all out when I'm taken into The Club.

I'm hoping that some of the nannies have experience with elderly dogs, because that's what I'm spending a lot of time on right now. Bronco only likes cottage cheese and rice, except when he only likes rare grilled burgers, or hot dogs, or cheese tortillas. The cute thing is, he keeps us guessing! He LOVED his rare hamburger patties for dinner tonight, which means that tomorrow he will probably turn his nose up at them. And then Bonnie, well, she'll eat anything, which means she fills up on whatever Bronco doesn't want, and now she's a wee bit, er, "padded." Not that I'm complaining. I would do anything for those little guys--but when the nanny comes, I hope she will know how to cook.

So, I think I'd like to take turns writing and sewing, so I can do a little of each. I'm thinking, assign the writing staff to my blog Monday-Wednesday-Friday and the sewing staff on the weekends.

You guys are so funny! I can't believe you let me carry on this long doing it all myself! Shoot! How long does it usually take before new bloggers figure out that there is No Possible Way to actually do everything themselves? I am such a dork, sheesh.

Heh heh heh. You devils!

So, uh, are you coming out to yell now? Pretty soon? Helllooooooooo!!! "You've been punked, you've been punked!" come on out now and yell. Please? and will you bring my medication too? Thankyewverymuch.

8 comments:

KB said...

Ha! Caution: reading crafty blogs will make you feel inadequate. But! They will also inspire you to make stuff too.

I ran across your blog whilst Googling my own blog. Funny stuff. Keep it up!

jen duncan said...

Well, I manage to do most of it...some of it only half-assed. Cooking...eh; not so much anymore. Ya learn to pick and choose 'cause one really can't do it ALL. ;-)

Jana Nielson said...

You mean i've been tending all of my kids myself....and there is a nanny for the blogger union??? Now who's the punk?

Hey It's Di said...

Uhhh, I haven't picked up the craft thing on my blog...yet! But I do have four kids and two dogs! Does that count for something? I do write my own stuff but it definitely shows! You on the other hand have me laughing! You are good!

Kathi D said...

Jen, I'm afraid I will never be able to speak to you again, because you really DO do it all!

And the rest of youse guys--what, they haven't given you your blogger perks yet, either????? Dang, there is no hope for me!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you got me laughing out loud with this one. I'd love to be in that club too so when they let you in give them my blog so I can get let in too! I'm exhausted doing everything myself ;)






Not really exhausted, some weeks are more productive than others. I believe in picking and choosing.

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

Haha, Im really laughing hard.....you are funny. Isnt it halarious....?????????????LOL.

kathijane said...

yea, it's been heck this week, my cooking staff is on vacation... LOL!