Wednesday, April 16, 2008

And now the news

BUSH GREETS POPE

Pope surprised and confused.

7 comments:

Miss to Mrs said...

As we all are!

Kathi D said...

Don't feel bad. Got a puzzled e-mail from the husband too, and you should be glad your mind isn't in the same gutter as mine. (The Pope doesn't know about "bush" because little boys don't have one. I know. It's atrocious and despicable for me to print such a thing.)

Miss to Mrs said...

I read your comment early this morning and I keep laughing about it at them most inappropriate times. I was actually refering to the fact that most people are suprised and confused when met by Bush, but your take is much much funnier.

ely said...

Oh heya,

I was surprised and confused to read this, really!

I also, to bring it more authentic, let biblefish (this orignally was a typo, but I decided to let it be because with the pope and all.. oh, it might not be thát awesome at all..)translate your blog into german, and planned to translate it back into english in my own words so that you and me and everybody could have a great laugh at the mess, but well, as I translated it I found, it would be almost correct in the end again. Oh yeah. It is but a small disappointment.

I also am terribly sorry to announce I rudely ninja'd your clock. It was just too doodlesque to not.

To you and your babychickens a good night,

~ely (who can use an awful lot of words to say absolutely nothing at all)

Kathi D said...

So it is a Good Thing to be esoteric! I like your take on it too, my country girl (even though I have now rooted out your Real Name, I prefer to think of you as MY country girl.)

Ely, I am disappointed too! I have used "Biblefish" to translate things and sometimes it really is hilarious--unfortunately I am not fluent enough in any language besides English to translate back into my own words, which I consider to be solely the failing of the school system and not my fault.

I admire the ability to use many words when few would do. I learned that at my mother's knee.

Kathi D said...

P.S. I can't remember who I stole the clock from, so I forgive you for stealing it from me.

ely said...

This will change your life, I swear.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll107/elyzium7s/surprise.jpg

This was in our free dutch bus newspaper today. Yeah. It's quality reading and their up-to-dateness is astonishing!

I just had to.

~ely (who always has a hard time figuring out when to stop)