As I was obsessively checking my blog stats today (don't even try to pretend you don't do that), I noticed right away that I had about a zillion more readers than usual. I figured that they were all Googling "huge ass" and coming up with me. Wait, I don't like the way that came out. Anyway, either "huge ass" or "Oprah" must have been responsible for the influx, I thought. But that was before I got around to reading "my blogs," and came upon my girl Lisa at U-Handblog. She gave me this award! That is so cool, because Lisa has been my mentor and hero and one of the reasons I started writing a blog to begin with. She is so generous in sharing everything she knows about making purses and the ins and outs of online crafting business (at her other blog, Craft-boom) that I feel like I should be paying tuition just to read her stuff every day. Anyway, here is what she pinned on me, and even though I'm not worthy I am totally taking it!
Now, I think I am supposed to pass this on (new girl here, remember, whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine) and while there are way too many bloggers who truly do make my day, I am going to choose just one, a very special girl who faces challenges in her life by helping others, Marian at I'm a Craft Artist. I found Marian when I bought some of her mom's wonderful tiny bowls on Etsy (purplepetunia.etsy.com) and later, some of Marian's creations as well. Marian has a big hospital stay coming up soon, so drop by her blog and say "Hey!"Meanwhile, I actually have been working on a few crafty things. I made a prototype of an idea from a smart young friend, who promises that when she is rich and famous from it, she'll throw me a buck or two now and then (or at least bring me some applesauce to the nursing home). She has two little boys who love Legos, and she's getting tired of picking them up off the floor over and over (the Legos, not the boys), so she looked for something like this and couldn't find one:
On the turkey front, I hate to mention this because no good can come of it, but I haven't caught them in the yard for two days now. I just know they are hiding out and plotting something, and it won't be pretty, I am sure of that.
6 comments:
Thank you for posting about Marian. What a special little girl. I ordered two of her t-shirts for me and a friend. That is a great family. I'm going to put a special link on my blog to her in hopes of generating some business for her (what with my ten readers).
Groovy idea! I'd like to be in the room that little boys just nicely keep the legos on the playmat tho. Just sayin'.
Hey--I now own my first pair of Converse. They got 'em at Target. Not hightops, but pink with black paint spatters. Cute AND comfy. I'll def buy more now.
The Lego mat is a great idea. Yesterday we had our first unfortunate lego injury when someone stepped on a "stray" and there was bleed!
Ok, but you didn't mention just how you met Miss Oprah.
I do love that Lego mat. Just this morning I tip-toed into my daughter's room deathly afraid I'd step on one of those buggers... the legos, not the girls. Do you know how much those suckers hurt???
I saw a link to your blog from Syotha Would Be Proud. I am pretty new to the blogging world- but I like you love comments and am obsessed with tracking the statistics! Thanks for highlighting Marian's blog; I am definitely going to buy a T-shirt.
I don't have to step on Legos, but my dogs like to distribute their kibble here and there around the house (??) and that's always fun on bare feet. No wonder the parrot knows swear words.
Post a Comment