Friday, January 11, 2008

A good tip or ???


I may be scraping the bottom of the blog barrel with this one, and I hate to do that right here in the first week or so. Or, this could be the Tip of the Year for rotary cutter users! This is what's always on my cutting table. It's a sugar dispenser. No, not because I need sugar at all hours to function, although coincidentally, that is true. No, it's because I looked for something to put my used rotary blades in to save myself and innocent bystanders from accidental slashing, and when I saw this, I realized it was perfect. Not only do rotary blades all the way up to 60mm size fit in, but used needles and bent pins can slide right into the little sugar dispenser hole without taking the lid off. Now, you in the back row, snickering and asking what I'm going to do with all this sharpness when the sugar dispenser is filled up, well, smarty pants, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Meanwhile, here's another timely tip. If you have any chemical dependencies or are disposed to be glum, or if you don't like the sight of blood, or think that TV cop shows are just getting too darn violent, you may want to skip seeing "No Country for Old Men." Really good acting and all, and a good movie, except that I may have nightmares for a month. Or wait, maybe I'll just stay up! That's it! I'll sit up all night, and as long as I'm up, I may as well have the shotgun on my lap, while I stare at the doorknob. Now, where's the caffeine?

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jen duncan said...

I love a good tip! And this reminded me how every time I throw my blades in the open trash I better be very very careful emptying it. This would solve having that ONE MORE THING to remember dilemma, huh? btw, in the medical field it'd be called a Sharp's Container (and I don't think the name comes from holding sharp items, either. weird)