This is kind of an unusual bag for me. I tend to have more color and pattern going on, but I kept seeing wool suit-ish bags that looked so elegant, and then this gray wool suiting jumped right into my hands somehow. With the wool in hand, I did my usual pre-bag-making routine of pulling out nearly every scrap of fabric I own and piling it all around me on the floor. When I saw this red silk, I became intrigued by the idea of the gray flannel bag with a secret, as if you were wearing a buttoned-up suit with fabulous lingerie hidden underneath. Then I decided to make it reversible so that it would be day-into-evening. (Since I haven't worked in an office in about six milleniums, I don't know if people really still do that day-into-evening thing, but oh well.) Then, since I couldn't add my usual bunch of pockets and still have it pared-down and reversible, I made the little purse organizer thingy for all the purse stuff. And maybe my first ever ribbon flowers to pin on or leave off. I like this bag, but it still doesn't seem like me somehow.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh but i like
I like it too but if the shoes in your blog header remotely represent *you* then I might have to agree that this doesn't *look* like you. It sure is a fab design tho!
Post a Comment